Saturday, October 19, 2013

31 for 21: The Fox Does NOT Howl!!

This has gone rather viral...and it's clever as all get out.  I was hyper amused...and yet was wisely disinclined to let my kids watch it...because then the begging...OH!  The begging!!

But I finally succumbed to the temptation of letting Elise watch "The Fox" by Ylvis, because she loves The Wolf Song, you know, Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs- Lil' Red Riding Hood?  I cannot stress LOVES enough...


I can't tell if she likes the song or the sound effects...  She was completely obsessed with wolves for 2-3 years, anyhow....again, I am not sure if she likes them or *feels* her brothers and sisters as they converse in howls:


She talks about them, draws them, threatens to have wolves bite you if she doesn't want to change clothes or do homework, pretends to be them, reads about them, plays computer games about them.  It's a very well-rounded obsession.

So, you understand why I totally had to share this with her:

Really, I had no choice.  At all.  I swear.

I asked her if she thought that they howled like a wolf?  She looked horrified!!  And waggled her body at me, telling me that "WOLVES howled!!  NOT foxes!!!  ACH!!!  WHAT????"  The scorn was palpable. 

And then she asked to watch it again!!  I couldn't say no.




No comments:

Post a Comment