Saturday, October 5, 2013

31 for 21: Adding to your reading list

This is not a book on Down Syndrome...really at all...exactly.

But it is the story of the inner workings of a child's mind, trapped behind the inability to communicate...and even the inability to frame the ideas in his own mind...

And his imaginary friend, who sees the inner workings, and explains them...

I have cried more over this book...I know that makes it a HUGE sell, right?  But it is brilliant and poignant and striking and insightful and truthful...

I literally cannot recommend it enough!!  I am thankful to "Angel The Alien" who follows and comments on this blog for recommending it on her blog...

(PSA:  I do stalk you *nicely of course*, by the way, when you comment on my blog *hint, Hint, HINT* to find out why you are here and maybe what you need/want/hope to see...I am not ego-centric, I really am writing TO you and I always genuinely love to hear from you...even when you write things I don't agree with or controversial things, it gets mixed into the cauldron of my thoughts that are always bubbling and simmering and I invite seasoning...)

http://www.amazon.com/Memoirs-Imaginary-Friend-A-Novel/dp/1250031850/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380894303&sr=8-1&keywords=memoirs+of+an+imaginary+friend

No comments:

Post a Comment